We are Healthcare Systems Federal Credit Union. The term “credit union” can be confusing, so here's a little bit more about what we are and what we believe.
What we are:
We have the same financial services as a bank, with a few major differences;
- Our members own this financial institution; banks are owned by their stockholders. This means our members have a say in what we do as an institution.
- We only serve those who work or volunteer in the healthcare industry. It is an awesome responsibility and privilege to financially serve caregivers and healers; and we always strive to deliver the service you deserve.
Healthcare Systems Federal Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial cooperative, owned by you, our members. We were chartered in 1969 to serve Fairfax Hospital, and have grown to serve the healthcare industry throughout Virginia, Washington D.C., Prince George's and Montgomery County. We are committed to sharing our success with our members in the form of no- or low-fee products and services, lower rates on loans, higher rates on deposits, and a friendly, smiling face.
What we believe:
- We treat people as individuals.
- We don't rely solely on automated loan decisions, we get to know you so we can take into account your unique financial situation.
- We concentrate on creating real value for our members, since we don't have to answer to the for-profit demands of stockholders.
- We'll greet you by your name and ask "How are you today?" And we actually want to know!
- We share our financial success with our members.
What makes us different: you, our members